Return to Camp for $599

Get me back to Camp

Return to Camp for $599

Get me back to Camp


If you have already been a summer camp counselor you can return to camp through IEP whether or not you originally went through us. You know what you need to do, you don’t need much help so may as well get it done – no fuss!

More Money in your Pocket

Why? As a returning counselor you’ll be earning more than the standard first-timer rate. You are free to negotiate your pay with your Summer Camp and can receive a salary of up to US$2,200.

How much is it going to cost me?

Initial Deposit Fee: $199
Final Payment: $400 – paid within 8 weeks of your initial deposit. If you need a payment plan – just ask us! Want to pay in full – no worries. We are here to get you back to camp!

*The total program fee is $599, but to get the ball rolling you only need to make an intial payment of $199!

What other costs should I think about?

You’ve been to camp already so you’re probably across these but its worth double checking:

USA Visa Fee

J1 Visa fee: $160USD

Reciprocal Passport Fee: $105USD

Proof of funds

$400USD – a required amount of savings you will need to support yourself upon arrival


As a Returner you are able to book your own flights to get to Camp. We strongly recommend that you talk STA Travel. STA Travel’s core purpose is to make travel as affordable and as attainable for young people as possible. And it’s not just about offering cheap flights. STA Travel offers real value with the expert knowledge, flexibility and features our travellers want.


As part of working in the USA as a Summer Camp USA Counselor you must have an approved insurance policy. Our visa sponsor requires that everyone on our Returner program gets travel insurance. A medical insurance policy is provided as a part of your program fee for the duration of your camp contract. Contact us 1300 797 702 to find out about insurance options and costs.


1: Apply online for returning to summer camp
2: Get a contract from Camp
3: Get two references on our reference form
4: Complete the application form (much shorter than your first year!)
5: Send us a photocopy your previous J1 visa and passport, a reference and copy of your contract…. then leave the rest to us!